Wednesday, January 26, 2011

OBIEE - 11g Inbuilt Mapping and Spatial capability - Setup BI Presentation Part II

Sachin
JainSys Inc.
Continued from : OBIEE - 11g Inbuilt Mapping and Spatial capability - Setup BI Presentation server

I had to reboot the server to take care of some upgrades. When I restarted the server and fired up the BI services, my reports with the "map view" stopped working.
On further analysis I found that the MapViewerhas lost the configuration changes that were made to it including the DataSource configuration, and my system is no longer working.

When I try to recreate the Datasource I am getting an error:


Data source cannot be created : MAPVIEWER-00011: Error creating a map data source.


I am following up on this with Oracle Support and will update this post when I am able to restore the MapViewer settings.


In the mean while, please go through these documents:


Overview of MapViewer

Configuring Advanced Options for Mapping and Spatial Information

Oracle Spatial Developer's Guide.

OBIEE - Configuring Mapping and Spatial Information

Fix for the error.

Thanks!


Sachin
JainSys Inc.

No comments:

What is Zero Trust Architecture?